The city of Cusco served as the capital of the historic Inca Empire and today remains one of the most significant and beloved destinations in all of South America. And all for good reason.
Cusco, or Qosqo in the local Quechua language, is a place where prehistoric and modern worlds collide, a visually stunning UNESCO World Heritage Site, where ancient Inca walls topped with the Baroque churches and the elaborate
manor houses of 16th century Spaniards today house culinary hotspots and trendy minimalist cocktail bars. It’s a picturesque city where international travelers mingle casually with the modern descendants of the Inca; where
Quechua-speaking villagers dressed in traditional Andean textiles are just as common among the cobbled streets as multilingual foreigners wearing fashionable designer sunglasses and modern trekking clothes. Here bustling street markets fill with a wealth of produce from the high mountains and thick jungles outside the city while visitors acclimate in preparation for their own deeper adventures into the region’s stories past and varied landscapes.
- Koricancha Temple and Santo Domingo Convent
- The main cathedral
- Puca Pucara
Discover the main monuments of Cusco and its surroundings on a half-day guided tour. Journey through the history of the city at sights such as Cusco Cathedral, the Convent of Santo Domingo and the Inca temple of Koricancha.
- Tour guide with Transportation
- Entrance to Koricancha (10 soles per person)
- Entrance to the main cathedral (25 soles per person or included as part of the Cusco Tourist ticket as detailed below)
- Entrance fees to four archaeological sites. For this you, will need to buy a Cusco Tourist Ticket. This costs 130 soles or $45 USD and a 50% discount is available for students with an ISIC card. Note: The same ticket can also be used for the Sacred Valley Tour. Alternatively, you can purchase a partial ticket that allows a one-day visit of just the four archeological sites, if you are not planning to visit the Sacred Valley.
- Small backpack with water & snacks
- Light jacket with comfortable clothes and shoes
- Sunglasses and Hat
- Cash for Souvenirs
At 08:30am, your private guide and driver will meet you in the lobby of your hotel. Our first stop will be to visit the Qoricancha Temple of the Sun, arguably the most sacred site of the entire Incan Empire. Learn about Incan architecture, astrology, and history, as well as the arrival of the Spaniards in the 1500s, as evidenced by the Monastery of Santo Domingo perched on top of the original temple. Then, continue onward to the large Basilica Cathedral in the main Plaza de Armas, where you will spot local historic artwork and impressive religious relics. To complete your tour, we will head above the city to visit four Inca archaeological sites: Sacsayhuaman, Qenqo, Pukapukara and Tambomachay. Upon conclusion of your tour, you will return to your hotel around 01:30pm.
Tour Duration: Aproximately 5 hours
- Included: Private Transportation, Private Guide
- Not Included: Lunch
Entrance fees to four archaeological sites. For this you, will need to buy a Cusco Tourist Ticket. This costs 130 soles or $45 USD and a 50% discount is available for students with an ISIC card. Note: The same ticket can also be used for the Sacred Valley Tour. Alternatively, you can purchase a partial ticket that allows a one-day visit of just the four archeological sites, if you are not planning to visit the Sacred Valley.
- Price: For individual guests or larger groups, please write to email@example.com for a personalized price estimate.
Please enter your details in the form a travel representative will contact shortly. Our goal is to respond to your inquiry within 24 business hours.